- Screen play, based upon the youth book of the same name from 1977
- The first film from 1977 has long become cult on TV
- The first theatrical release (2009) received critical praise and won several awards (more than 600 000 cinema-goers in Germany)
- Premium cast also for the sequel, including Axel Stein, Oktay Özdemir, Maria Schrader, Smudo, Nora Tschirner, Martin Semmelrogge, Ralf Richter and many more.
- Target group: boys and girls aged 5 – 14
After more than 30 years Max von der Grüns’ book VORSTADTKROKODILE, one of the most beautiful youth book classics of all times, took the silver screens and film critics’ hearts by storm: “The feature film convinced by outstanding performance of junior actors. Action-driven scenes and an original Rififi sequence at the end provide racy film fun.”
Since the first release in 1977 the exciting best selling book impressed and fascinated generations of young people with more than 800 000 copies sold. Christian Ditter (“French for Beginners”) directed the screen play for the VORSTADTKROKODILE 2008. In summer 2009 they began to shoot VORSTADTKROKODILE 2, the sequel on the adventures of the cool teen gang from the Ruhr. The first instalment lured more than 600 000 visitors to the theatres. Director and scriptwriter Christian Ditter won the Kindler media prize “Weißer Elefant”. Now he tells another thrilling story about the VORSTSTADTKROKODILE. The film is scheduled for theatrical release in spring 2010.
The property provides great licensing potentials throughout categories. The series revolves around cool teen gang, friendship, first love, summer and adventure. What is more, the book is still serves as teaching material in schools.